- You cannot add "Tee Mango — Ep#3 — Aus Music" to the basket because the product is out of stock.
A1. Dave & Ansel Collins – Monkey Spanner
A2. Betty Chung – Bang Bang
A3. The Alan Tew Orchestra – The Pink Panther Theme
A4. Eunice Collins – At The Hotel
A5. Mari Kvien Brunvoll – Everywhere You Go
A6. Donal Leace – Today Won’t Come Again
B1. Camille Yarbrough – Take Yo Praise
B2. Jesus Jackson – Running On Sunshine
B3. Munk & James Murphy – Kick Out The Chairs (WhoMadeWho Remix)
B4. Johnny Dynell & New York 88 – Jam Hot (Rhumba Rock)
C1. Biddu Orchestra – Girl, You’ll Be A Woman Soon
C2. Dr Rubberfunk – A Matter Of Time
C3. Rodrigo Amarante – Tuyo
C4. Wilbert Harrison – Let’s Work Together
C5. Blue Rondo a la Turk – Me & Mr Sanchez
D1. Manu Dibango – Big Blow
D2. The Go! Team – Feelgood By Numbers
D3. Wind – Groovin’ With Mr. Bloe
D4. Googie Rene Combo – Smokey Joe’s La La
D5. Fatboy Slim & Roland Clark – Sunset 303 (If You Believe)
D6. Yum Yum Head Food – The Voice Of Experience
LP FORMAT DETAILS: Pressed on 180g black vinyl
Next in the compiler hotseat for seminal mix series ‘Back to Mine’ is the legendary DJ and producer Fatboy Slim. Having sold over 10 million records and embarked on a number of sold out arena tours, the esteemed record collector and all round great selector delves deep into his weighty collection at his home to create a heady journey of funk and soul. The collection opens with Dave Barker & Ansell Collins ‘Monkey Spanner’ – a reggae single released in 1971 from the Kingston based duo working for the infamous producer Lee “Scratch” Perry.
There are a few rare finds, Donal Leace ‘Today Won’t Come Again’, Wind ‘Grooving With Mr Bloe’ and George Rene ‘Smokey Joe’s La La’. And the most recognisable for many no doubt is Betty Chung’s 1968 classic ‘Bang Bang’ thanks to the vocals of the Nancy Sinatra cover being sampled in the Audio Bullys rework in 2005.
The 1975 classic ‘Take Yo Praise’ from Camille Yarborough which Fatboy Slim used to sample the iconic ‘Praise You’ in 1998 is found in the first half of the mix, and not forgetting his group Beats International, which Norman sampled lyrics from the featured track ‘Jam Hot’ by Johnny Dynell for ‘Dub Be Good To Me’. A track that became the best-selling single in the UK in 1990.
And last but not least, two new and exclusive tracks ‘Fatboy Slim & Roland Clark ‘Sunset 303’ (If You Believe) and ‘The Voice Of Experience’ under his Yum Yum Head Food alias, known for producing his more ambient tunes including ‘Bird Of Prey’.
Fatboy Slim delivers an amazing selection of tracks which give us all a little sneak peek into the vibes generated from years of meaningful memories for this ‘Back To Mine’ series. From his house to yours, listening pleasure is guaranteed.
“Over the years there has been so much action back at mine, so many friends, lovers and lunatics who would congregate after the clubs had closed to laugh, share and swap ideas and tunes and generally put the world to rights… this is a collection from the soundtrack of those sessions” – Fatboy Slim
The first volume of Back To Mine by Nick Warren was released in February 1999 and it went on to include editions by Groove Armada, Orbital, New Order, Roots Manuva and Mercury Rev. The compilations are based on what the artist would play at home after a night out, rather than as part of a nightclub session – tagged “a personal collection for after-hours grooving”. In January 2019 the series returned with Nightmares on Wax and Jungle, respectively.
• The recently relaunched series returns with iconic DJ and producer Fatboy Slim
• Includes a number of tracks highly sought after on vinyl
• Includes an exclusive track from Fatboy Slim
• Comes with full coloured bespoke artwork, commissioned from illustrator Rich Fairhead, de-picting the artist’s influences along side personal sleeve notes from Fatboy Slim
• The first Back to Mine edition of 2020
• Includes iconic tracks from the likes of Wind, Eunice Collins, Camille Yarborough and more
• Wide spread news stories on major music titles announcing the album
• Fatboy Slim to push the exclusive single and album release across all social channels with dedicated advertising spend across a number of weeks. Combined social following is over 2x million.
• Compilation of the Week BBC 6Music Lauren Laverne w/c 2nd November 2020
• Special edition signed vinyl exclusively for Record Store Day on 24th October 2020
• Exclusive colour vinyl for independent record stores