It’s hard to believe we are now up to Volume 5 of our renowned Record Club series. Curating these compilations, where we share our latest musical discoveries and old favourites from the global stage, is always a labour of love.
This selection is less dancefloor-driven than our previous volumes, as fewer opportunities for live events drove us to explore other paths and styles in the musical spectrum. But, whether you’re DJing for a kitchen or a club, there is still a generous serving of spicy dancefloor magic.
For Volume 5, we looked to a broad church – from Brazil to Cuba, Ghana, Jamaica, Japan, Mauritania, South Africa, Sweden, Trinidad and Tobago, the UK, and the US. We pulled songs from the 70s up to the present day and feature a stellar cast of artists.
There’s an exclusive track from Sven Wunder which was recorded solely for this compilation. We also have a track from Admin which was released as a private press 7″ at the start of 2021 and one we felt was far too good to only be available for the lucky few. You’ll also discover one of our most treasured Gyedu Blay Ambolley productions, a full-force African disco colossus!
We hope you will enjoy this selection of seventeen eclectic songs as much as we do.
Released on 03/06/22 on double vinyl and CD with artwork illustration by Nicolas Burrows.
1. John Barry-Moore – Abertura De “Os Inocentes”
2. Willy Chirino – Sing a Song (Canten Mi Canción)
3. Malouma – Nebine
4. Yasuaki Shimizu – Karachi
5. Mariah – Shinzo No Tobira
6. Mave & Dave – You are delicious
7. Pamoja – Oooh, Baby *Vinyl only
8. Mark Capanni – I Believe In Miracles
9. Admin – Step Into Light
10. Phillip Malela – Tiba Kamo
11. Gyedu Blay Ambolley – Let’s Be Happy (Disco Mix)
12. Tyrone Evans – Rise Up (Discomix)
13. Stimela – I Hate Telling A Lie
14. Eamon – Ready For War
15. Sven Wunder – Mosaic
16. Hiroshi Suzuki – Romance
17. Tetê Da Bahia – Duplo Sentido